Ocean View – Sustainability
At Ocean View we aim to play our part in looking after the environment where we trade which includes:
- Zero to landfill waste policy with our contractor – Devon Contract Waste
- Waste Oil collected and converted to biodiesel
- Use of single use plastic eliminated wherever possible e.g., plastic water bottles, plastic straws, unwrapped biscuits etc.
- 100% of our team live within 10 miles of the restaurant
- Home grown herbs for use in the kitchen
- 100% LED lighting used throughout the building
- Low flush toilets and low flow mixer taps to reduce water consumption
- Promotion of public transport links
At OV we try to source as many of the products we sell from suppliers based in Devon and Cornwall so that we fully support the local economy, minimise food miles, support local jobs etc. Some of the great suppliers we use are:
Forest Fungi (Devon) Ltd
Supplier of our organic mushrooms!
Supplier of speciality food ingredients
Supplier of some of the cakes we serve every day from 10.00am – 5.00pm and displayed in the bar
Last Course Patisserie
The other supplier of the cakes we serve every day from 10.00am – 5.00pm!
R D Johns Foodservice
Supplier of general grocery, meats, dairy, frozen foods
R J Trevarthen
Supplier of our west country steaks and meat
Rex Down wholesale fish merchant
The Fish Quay
Our fish supplier
Owens organic coffee
South Devon Roasters
Supplier of our award-winning coffee, tea and hot drinks in general.
Tamar Fresh Ltd
Supplier of fruit, vegetables, dairy and bread for sandwiches
Sowton Industrial Estate
Supplier of sugar free, no additive fruit juices
Supplier of tonic and soft drinks
Supplier of gin!
Supplier of Devon wines